A very simple 4 ingredient recipe providing essential fatty acids and magnesium for the nervous system.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 5 silverbeet stalks, finely sliced
- 325 g can red salmon, drained
- 8 large organic eggs (about 70 g each)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill (you can substitute chives or parsley)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 180°C and line a 26 cm frying pan with baking paper, as shown in the pictures below.
- Steam silverbeet over steadily boiling water for about 4 – 5 minutes: it should begin collapse but remain vibrantly green. Remove from heat and allow to sit. When cool enough to handle use your hands to squeeze excess moisture from the silverbeet then arrange evenly in pan. Roughly crumble the salmon over the top.
- Whisk eggs, dill, salt and pepper with a tablespoon of water. Carefully pour mixture into the pan then give it a tap to even out.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until just set. Serve warm or at room temperature with a garden salad.