vegan, refined sugar free
These dense and satisfying muesli biscuits are full of whole grains, good fats and natural sweeteners: perfect for school lunch boxes, bush walks or to go with a cup of tea!
Ingredients (makes 18)
2 cups unstabilised rolled oats
2/3 cup whole Khorasan flour
2/3 cup almond meal
2/3 cup shredded desiccated coconut
¼ cup unhulled sesame seeds
1 cup dried unsulphured apricots, cut into thin slices
1/3 cup raisins
80ml coconut oil (liquid)
160ml brown rice syrup
1 Tbsp unhulled tahini
- Preheat oven 170°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a wide mixing bowl, making sure apricots break up and don’t stick together.
- Add oil, syrup and tahini to a small saucepan and heat, stirring, until bubbles appear and the mixture is well combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and mix well.
- With damp hands, form 2 tablespoons of dough into balls, flatten slightly and arrange at least 4cm apart on the trays.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, rotating midway, until golden brown. Cool completely on the trays and store in an airtight container.