Ingredients (makes 16)
- 100 ml runny honey
- 80 ml unhulled tahini
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups buckwheat puffs (we used ‘Good Morning Cereals’ brand)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp unhulled sesame seeds
- Preheat oven 170°C. Line a 20 cm² tin or baking dish with baking paper.
- Spread buckwheat puffs, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes and sesame seeds over a large slide tray and bake for about 6 minutes, or until the coconut starts to brown. Remove and cool.
- Combine honey and tahini in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring constantly. Adjust to a simmer and allow to bubble away for three minutes, stirring, then remove from heat and mix in salt and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures in a large bowl and give them a good mix. Press evenly into the prepared dish with moistened hands (this stops it sticking to you) and chill in the fridge for at least three hours. Cut into 16 squares (or however many your heart desires!) and keep stored in the fridge.