Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 x 70 g organic eggs (or more if you like!)
- 2 medium sized heads of broccoli, cut into 5 cm long florets- include the stalks
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp seeded mustard
- 1½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp each sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 small Granny Smith apple
- Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and a lid and bring to the boil. When the water boils remove saucepan from heat and allow eggs to sit in the hot water for 8 minutes. Submerge in cold water to cool completely then peel and quarter.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Fill a large bowl with iced water. Blanch broccoli in the boiling water for 2 minutes- it should be cooked but still very crunchy. Drain, cool completely in the cold water then drain well.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and dry toast pepitas for 1 to 2 minutes, until they begin to pop. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, seasoning and onion in a wide mixing bowl. Quarter, core and thinly slice the apple and add to the dressing immediately. Add the broccoli and toss to combine. Serve, either on a platter or in individual bowls, with boiled eggs on the side and pepitas sprinkled on top.