Ingredients (serves 4 – 6)
- 2 medium sized sweet apples (such as pink lady)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup natural yoghurt (or substitute with an equal amount of water for dairy free version)
- 2 cups organic rolled oats (use the finest oats you can- this will make the muesli creamier)
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 550 ml water
Grate the apples roughly and discard the cores. Combine with lemon juice and yoghurt immediately in a pyrex or ceramic dish to prevent discolouration. Add the oats, almond meal, cinnamon and water and combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours- if you make it in the evening your muesli will be ready for breakfast. The muesli will keep in the fridge for at least 5 days.
Serving suggestions- use as many or as few as you like!
- Natural yoghurt or kefir
- Nuts and seeds: LSA, flaxseed meal, roughly chopped activated nuts, toasted sunflower seeds
- Fruit: thinly sliced or stewed apples, pears, berries, stone fruit, papaya
- Flaxseed oil