Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 small sweet potatoes (about 150 g each), scrubbed
- 2 tsp coconut oil, softened
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- quark, snipped chives and frizzled bacon bits
- diced avocado, toasted cumin seeds and fresh chilli
- baked beans and grated cheddar cheese
- ricotta, smoked salmon and capers
- leftover dahl or curry and yoghurt
- refried beans and coriander
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Dry the sweet potatoes with kitchen towel. Rub the coconut oil over their surfaces, then sprinkle with a little salt and rub this in too. Place on a large baking tray and bake for about 1 hour, until tender to touch.
- To serve, split the sweet potatoes lengthways and season with salt and pepper. Fill with your favourite toppings and enjoy immediately.
Note: This is a great party food because it’s healthy, satisfying and fully customisable. Simply set up a selection of fillings on the table and let everybody build their own jacket sweet potato- it’s great fun and very yum!